RPGaDay - Day 3: How do you find out about new RPGs?
Post date: Aug 3, 2017 11:25:53 AM
Now that there really aren't any FLGS around, finding out about new games for me includes the following, in order of influence:
1. Other players, especially those in our weekly gaming group. Yup, we've been meeting as regularly as humanly possible for 20+ years.
2. Kickstarter. Not only has this become a great way to fund and purchase games, but also a great way to find out about new ones. Of course, the amount of advertising and social media buzz surrounding a new game helps a lot.
3. DriveThruRPG. Sometimes just browsing a topic, or looking for something interesting here is the way to go. It's also how I purchase a lot of material at this point.
4. Social media such as Facebook and Google+.
5. Conventions such as GenCon, Gary Con, and Gamehole Con. Whenever I attend one, I make an attempt to play in something new. Of course, being surrounded by thousands of people who share my interests also helps.